Prior to that, Nov 2011 - Jun 2013, I was a Research Associate in the Molecular Systematics and Evolutionary Genetics lab in Florida Museum of Natural History at the University of Florida and a Visiting Scientist in the Scientific Computing group (Exelixis lab) at the Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies (HITS).
Earlier still, Sep 2008 - Sep 2011, I was a Ph.D student under the supervision of Prof. Costas S. Iliopoulos and Prof. Maxime Crochemore in the Department of Informatics at King's College London.
- 2008 - 2012: Ph.D in Computing, King's College London.
- 2007 - 2008: M.Sc in High-Performance Computing, University of Edinburgh.
- 2003 - 2007: Diploma in Informatics & Telecommunications, University of Athens.
- Algorithms on strings and trees: pattern matching; indexing; comparison; and regularities.
- Algorithms for molecular biology.
- High-performance computing.
|||S. P. Pissis, "MoTeX-II: structured MoTif eXtraction from large-scale datasets", BMC Bioinformatics, vol. 15, 2014, pp. 235. [bibtex] [doi]|
|||C. Barton, C. S. Iliopoulos, I. Lee, L. Mouchard, K. Park, S. P. Pissis, "Extending alignments with $k$-mismatches and $\ell$-gaps", Theoretical Computer Science, vol. 525, 2014, pp. 80-88. [bibtex] [doi]|
|||C. Barton, C. S. Iliopoulos and S. P. Pissis, "Optimal Computation of all Tandem Repeats in a Weighted Sequence", Algorithms for Molecular Biology, vol. 9, no. 21, 2014. [bibtex] [doi]|
|||C. Barton, C. S. Iliopoulos and S. P. Pissis, "Fast Algorithms for Approximate Circular String Matching", Algorithms for Molecular Biology, vol. 9, no. 9, 2014. [bibtex] [doi]|
|||T. Kociumaka, S. Pissis, J. Radoszewski, W. Rytter, T. Waleń, "Fast Algorithm for Partial Covers in Words", Algorithmica, 2014, pp. 1-17. [bibtex] [doi]|
I know that I know nothing