Prior to that, Nov 2011 - Jun 2013, I was a Research Associate in the Molecular Systematics and Evolutionary Genetics lab in Florida Museum of Natural History at the University of Florida and a Visiting Scientist in the Scientific Computing group (Exelixis lab) at the Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies (HITS).
Earlier still, Sep 2008 - Sep 2011, I was a Ph.D student under the supervision of Prof. Costas S. Iliopoulos and Prof. Maxime Crochemore in the Department of Informatics at King's College London.
- 2015 - : Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice in Higher Education, King's College London, UK.
- 2008 - 2012: Ph.D in Computing, King's College London, UK.
- 2007 - 2008: M.Sc in High-Performance Computing, University of Edinburgh, UK.
- 2003 - 2007: Diploma in Informatics & Telecommunications, University of Athens, Greece.
- SEA 2017: I am PC co-chair (with Simon Puglisi and Rajeev Raman) of the 16th International Symposium on Experimental Algorithms to be held at King's College London in June 2017.
- Algorithms on strings and trees: pattern matching; indexing; comparison; and regularities.
- Algorithms for molecular biology.
- High-performance computing.
Latest Research Outputs
|||C. Barton, T. Kociumaka, S. P. Pissis, J. Radoszewski, "Efficient Index for Weighted Sequences", in 27th Annual Symposium on Combinatorial Pattern Matching (CPM 2016), R. Grossi, M. Lewenstein, Eds., Dagstuhl, Germany: Schloss Dagstuhl--Leibniz-Zentrum fuer Informatik, pp. 4:1-4:13. [bibtex] [doi]|
|||M. Crochemore, C. S. Iliopoulos, T. Kociumaka, R. Kundu, S. P. Pissis, J. Radoszewski, W. Rytter, T. Walen, "Near-Optimal Computation of Runs over General Alphabet via Non-Crossing LCE Queries", in International Symposium on String Processing and Information Retrieval (SPIRE 2016), Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2016. [bibtex] [url]|
|||T. Kociumaka, S. P. Pissis and J. Radoszewski, "Pattern Matching and Consensus Problems on Weighted Sequences and Profiles", in International Symposium on Algorithms and Computation (ISAAC 2016), Dagstuhl, Germany: Schloss Dagstuhl--Leibniz-Zentrum fuer Informatik, 2016. [bibtex] [url]|
|||C. Barton, C. Liu and S. P. Pissis, "On-line Pattern Matching on Uncertain Sequences & Applications", in International Conference on Combinatorial Optimization and Applications (COCOA 2016), Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2016. [bibtex]|
|||Y. Almirantis, P. Charalampopoulos, J. Gao, C. S. Iliopoulos, M. Mohamed, S. P. Pissis, D. Polychronopoulos, "Optimal Computation of Avoided Words", in Algorithms in Bioinformatics: 16th International Workshop (WABI 2016), M. Frith, N. C. Storm Pedersen, Eds., Springer International Publishing, 2016, pp. 1-13. [bibtex] [doi]|
I know that I know nothing